I watched much of the game, particularly the first six innings. I don't think Hughes pitched well. He missed repeatedly with location and was in a few jams where some Oriole hitters whiffed on pitches carelessly left up in the zone. He threw too many pitches, and his ball to strike ratio was bad. I thought the Orioles offense squandered many opportunities, not just because they were getting base runners, but because they had poor approaches on hittable pitches. Though the game was 1-1, I thought that Saunders far outperformed Hughes.

I had to feel bad for Chamberlain getting pegged by the broken bat that he never saw, reacting only when the batter yelled. Interesting to see whether the swelling was controlled enough to make him available.

If you pinch hit for Rodriguez in game-on-the-line situations, you might as well start someone over him. My guess is that A-Rod will start.

Finally, while the Phillies failed to make the playoffs, it was a little warming to see former Philles outfielders, Ibanez and Werth, win big playoff games with walk-off homers on consecutive days. Now it's time for Hunter Pence to hit a game ending homer.