Originally Posted By: antimafia
[snip]

Leonardo Cammalleri's funeral was held last Friday in Montreal. A number of English-language newspaper articles incorrectly reported his first name as Antonio, and they were also wrong about the funeral's taking place in Woodbridge, an Italian-Canadian enclave immediately north of Toronto.

That wall of crypts in the mausoleum is massive, and I saw there were a lot of unoccupied ones. Nevertheless, I know that Cammalleri's wife, Angela, who passed away on January 5, 2009, was laid to rest at the aforementioned cemetery. We can safely assume she and her husband have a shared crypt.

I can double check but I'm also fairly certain that Nick Jr. and Nick Sr. were also laid to rest at the same cemetery.

carmela:

I forgot to mention, although you may have remembered my writing the following a few years ago in a RealDeal post, that Nino Manno shares a crypt with his wife, Giuseppa Cammalleri, in the same mausoleum.

Given he died in 1980 and she died in 1991, I don't know whether each or both were living in Montreal at the time of their deaths. That is, maybe one or both were living in Cattolica Eraclea at the time of their deaths and were then flown to Montreal.

I suspect you and I are familiar with the experience of knowing an older Sicilian relative who was buried only to have the grave dug up years later and the coffin moved elsehwere because that person's relative wants the decedent moved.

Incidentally, I checked the cemetery website and discovered that although Leonardo Cammalleri and his wife, Nick Jr., and Nick Sr. are all laid to rest in this cemetery, all four are in a different section from the one Manno and his wife are in, with Nick Jr. and Nick Sr. being in a different section from Cammalleri and his wife: