Nowadays i doubt it it's not really worth it i actually heard a story of a guy rejecting being made. Back in the 50s Albert Anastasia was selling memberships though . [/quote]
Jack Garcia described in his book how one Gambino associate offered to buy his button for a million dollars. The Gambino leadership declined. [/quote]

Well i've not read his book so didn't know about that but i think he's the exception . I don't see why someone would be willing to pay their way in in this day and age ( or ever ). Was the Jack Garcia infiltration not during Peter Gottis time as boss in the early 2000s? And would you recommend his book? [/quote]
I haven't finished the book, but from what I read it's really good. Garcia infiltrates Greg DePalma's crew and we learn a lot of how the modern day Mafia operates. DePalma is also an interesting character to read about. The guy that offered to pay to get made (Lenny Minuto) was an old timer who had tried to pay off every Gambino boss since Castellano to get made. By the time he went to DePalma, he upped his offer to a million. Again he was rejected. Falcone said according to rumours, a couple guys bought there way into a family, but they don't get a whole lot of respect because of it. [/quote]

Was DePalma the guy who almost got Nino Gaggi jailed for talking business on a bugged phone ? Thanks for bringing the book to my attention i'm gonna buy a copy in the next few days.