@The PolakVet

I agree with a lot of your statements and by the way, thanks for the info, it was a very interesting read. However I think that even you have a bit of a disillusioned view on the "Russian Mafiya". A prime example of what you called the Russian mob is that scam that was run by that Russian fraudster in Miami, Florida. It's a bit out of context to say that is Russian "Mafia" and the media blow these things way out of context, because to me a group of fraudsters running a scam is not the same as the word "Mafia" to me. If a bunch of Spanish fraudsters did that, they wouldn't get called "Mafia", it's bassically just re-enforcing stereotypes that Russian have a sense of criminality about them. When I think of Russian Mafia, I think of people like the Vor V Zakone and other criminal groups that have structure and are involved in a range of criminal activities. They are the real Russian organized crime groups, not petty one's that go about and commit medicare fraud. For example, Armenian Power, now that is a prime example of Esstern European organized crime. It is involved in many crimes, has structure and is international. In comparison to the well built structures of the Italian-American mafia, the Italians I think have the upper hand when it comes to man power and stability. Also you say that the Russian OC groups tend to be more involved in white collar crimes than the Italians, whilst that may be true to a certain extent, I can name several examples of the Italian and Italian-American mobsters getting involved in things like huge money laundering operations, Fraud e.t.c. and it's nothing new either, they have been doing it for quite some time.

Last edited by Antonio; 09/16/12 03:21 AM.

Tony Soprano : I thought I told you to back off Beansie!

Richie Aprile : I did, Then I put it in drive..