Originally Posted By: LuanKuci
In Mafia Export, a great book by Francesco Forgione, there are tons of maps of Ndrangheta, Camorra and LCN crews operating in the US and Canada. I believe that Furio_From_Naples posted them all somewhere.

Even Thunder Bay, Ont. has an Ndrina!

Originally Posted By: carmela
[quote=Giancarlo]
The other thing that makes all these families in Italy, and coming from Italy, very confusing, is that the women don't change their last name over there, so it's sometimes hard to know if someone is related by marriage and who they're married to over there, unless you know the family. It's almost impossible to piece together.

Wait...you mean Mob women or any women?
Because as far as the Italians I know over there (family and friends) all women change their last name once married. Some keep it only for business reason on cards, plates, etc...

But Church-wise...all those that I know (around the Brescia and Palermo Provinces) have taken their hubby's cognome.

In the original post, it was asked if Sicily/Italy mafia members answer to or for members in the US and I posted "no they don't". I never said there weren't any crews operating in the US. They are each operating independently of one another, save for a few rare operations tying in both, ie Operation Old Bridge. And really, what I was getting at, moreover, is if you are living here and were made in Sicily, your loyalties are there and not here.
There are guys that have moved to the US, but born and raised in Italy, and they continue to go back and forth doing business. Those, as well, have loyalties with Sicily, not here. That is getting deeper into the topic, though, when the simple answer to the original poster's question was "no".

I haven't read Mafia Export. I don't read mafia books, never have, never plan on it.

And yes, I was talking about all women. I don't know much about the north, admittedly, but in Sicily, NONE of the women change their last name. FACT. It was not allowed by the Italian gov't. If the rules have changed today, I don't know, but the women are still keeping their maiden names. I haven't met one or heard of one that has changed it.

Last edited by carmela; 09/13/12 04:54 PM.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.