Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
There is a powerful organization with international ties in that region, the so-called Bratskaya organized crime group, based in the city of Bratsk. The boss is Vladimir Tiurin, a thief-in-law (vor v zakone), although I have no idea how did he manage to get that title considering the fact he was convicted for rape.

That's due to that nowdays Vory V Zakone have changed really a lot just like any other criminal organization. But it's not that they allow people who have raped someone in their lines, they still have this rule. But it's the money thing. More or less it's all based on money nowdays and even an eighteen year old boy spending few months in a prison can be crowned as a Vor V Zakone if he pays an enough sum to another Vor V Zakone who'll crown him.

Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
ThePolakVet, by the way who do you think is more powerful - Sergey Mikhailov, the head of the Solnzevskaya, or Aslan Usoyan? I haven't been in Russia for years, so I don't really know the present situation.

Mikhas definetely as Solnetsevskaya is a large and international crime group and the largest in Moscow, by now with having several brigades almost in every well developed world's country. Nowdays Solnetsevskaya controls the Russian crime groups in Latvia making them to pay up to Solnetsevskaya's Obschak(organization's fund collection).

Ded Hasan on the other hand has control on the Kazakh groups within many ex-USSR states, but still his organization is not so large as Solnetsevskaya. Thus Solnetsevskaya has a far greater history with battling Chechen crime groups in 90's.

There's no doubt Mikhailov is well more respected and more powerful than Ded Hasan with his empire.