I remember a big massacre that took place in Irkutsk when I lived there in 2002 when the gangster Pavel Kiselev was killed with his bodyguards and a couple of witnesses (including a 15-year-old boy). It took place just on the street I often passed through while going at the marketplace in the center of the city. Good thing I wasn't there.
There is a powerful organization with international ties in that region, the so-called Bratskaya organized crime group, based in the city of Bratsk. The boss is Vladimir Tiurin, a thief-in-law (vor v zakone), although I have no idea how did he manage to get that title considering the fact he was convicted for rape. A real b#@$%^d, that one. He has been arrested by interpol a couple of years ago at the Spanish authorities request, they hoped he would be extradited because he had no Russian citizenship since he was born in Kazakhstan, but he managed to get the citizenship during the hearings, and my country with its idiotic extradition law doesn't extradite its citizens.

ThePolakVet, by the way who do you think is more powerful - Sergey Mikhailov, the head of the Solnzevskaya, or Aslan Usoyan? I haven't been in Russia for years, so I don't really know the present situation.

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 09/09/12 07:23 PM.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."