Originally Posted By: conopizza
Thank you for this. I've been researching certain aspects of the French Connection cases but hadn't put it together like that. Funny to see Tony Mirra popping up.

"The French Connection" book by Robin Moore is mostly very good, I think, as far as what's there but it's definitely obviously towards NYPD as opposed to FBN and leaves a lot of questions unanswered.

It's not super important but one thing I was looking for on the later side of TFC is the exact date Carmine Galante was released from the Atlanta Fed Pen...

Also, as an interesting sidenote to the heavy business, French tv presenter and drug courier Jacques Angelvin wrote a book about his time in the can, though I've not read it--

Mes Americaines Prisons

You are welcome, and let me be the first who welcomes you aboard!

Galante was released from AFP in Jan 23, 1974 on parole. But was back in prison sometime in 1978 for violating his parole. He was released March 23, 1979.
Sometime between 1974 and 1978 he was called a couple of times to answer questions in front of a grand jury. I think it had to do with him not reporting to his parole officer regulary. It´s possible (but I don´t know for sure) that he was sentenced to a shorter prison term for contempt of court during that period. (1974-1978)

[Linked Image]