Originally Posted By: MaryCas
KEVIN GILBRIDE SUCKS! Wow, that offense was offensive.

I met Kevin Gilbride at Animal Kingdom Lodge in Disney in January, 2002. At the time he was working for a company that was training a large number of college players getting reeady for the upcoming draft. My brother-in-law recognized him passing us in the lobby one night (How does anyone recognize Kevin gilbride in a crowd?), and the following day we saw him poolside, charting offensive drills.

My brother-in-law spoke with him and came back to me telling me that Gilbride wanted to meet me. I wondered why the hell anyone would want to meet me, but my brother-in-law had mentioned to him that I knew Mike Munchak from my home town, and Gilbride spoke more glowingly of him than I had ever heard anyone praise a person before. He described him as the finest player he had ever coached and the finest man he's ever known. He also accurately predicted that he'd be head coaching in the NFL.

Another thing he told me that I hadn't realized was in that epic playoff game where the Bills trailed 35-10 in the third quarter against the Oilers, of whom he was OC at the time, Houston actually had greater time of possession in the second half.