Originally Posted By: DeMeo
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
According to the FBI, Merlino was the official boss even while imprisoned and Ligambi served as the acting boss.

I believe Merlino has gone the way Basciano has - they mean nothing to the capos and soldiers, who no longer recognise them as bosses. Ligambi has way more respect and control in keeping with the old ways, like Bruno, and thats the guy I would want to kick up to if I was in the Philly mob. Not Merlino.

Check out the old threads where we discussed the wiretap transcripts when the Philly mob met with the Gambinos in NJ. Ligambi said that "joey can make those two or three guys when he gets home" referring to a few guys Ligambi didnt make because he didnt know them as much as Merlino did. Merlino wouldnt be making guys when he came back unless he was in the administration. From all accounts, Merlino is living quite nicely in Florida (house, cars, etc) I wouldnt be surprised if Ligambi was taking care of Joey;s family by kicking up a share while he was away.

The guys running the show out on the street in Philly now like Stevie Mazzone is a Merlino guy. Mazzone was favored by Merlino to run things (which by all other accounts he is) while Ligambi favored John Ciancagilini.

http://www.fivefamiliesnyc.com/2011/05/whos-new-philadelphia-mob-boss.html

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 09/05/12 07:37 PM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.