Originally Posted By: Montague
Ofcourse new members should be encouraged, I've only been here 6 months myself.

But the quality of the forum and its boards are effected when new posters don't take the time to read/learn.

PLUS hes been spoken to about how to post/ what to post/ what not to post on several occasions already, so how can you blame people for starting to lose their patience and motivation to 'encourage'.

Plus his mocking comment to 2 senior members here who consistently add great information and insight to these forums (the REASON why this place gets new members and attention) in the Shout Box sparked the light ribbing to turn into a lecture-fest.

You can't blame people for wanting to keep these boards intelligent.

I've never heard anyone tell him to stop posting, I told him to post in quality instead of quantity.

Even still, mocking him if he's a bad member doesn't make you any better. It makes you just as bad. It just fills this topic with bullshit and hatred. It should have been closed without these smart ass remarks. I'm not targeting you specifically. The older heads here have a tendency to really smack a guy for creating a dupe thread or for asking what they perceieve as "stupid questions". What you wrote is correct, I just don't feel it's necessary to mock him any further. That's all.