Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
It seems some people here are displeased because there are so many "rats" and so many mobsters are being put in prison with their testimony. That doesn't make any sense to me.
If there is no loyalty among criminals, it's a good thing for honest people.
Of course, the fact that informants often get away with their crimes only because they agree to cooperate is a bad thing, I agree with it. But what's the point of hating "rats" NOT because they are CRIMINALS, but because they are INFORMANTS? It's as if you felt pity towards those whom they help to put in jail.

I generally agree that it makes little sense for a 19 year old Internet mobwatcher to "hate" rats from the relatively safe confines of his parents' computer room in Suburbia, USA.

I mean, it's one thing if you've lost family members to prison because of these people. But it's quite another thing when you have no life experience to speak of, and yet you "hate these rat bastards" because you've seen "Goodfellas" 150 times.

But still, like I said, this guy Paciello just rubs me the wrong way. If they found him floating in Biscayne Bay tomorrow morning, it wouldn't bother me one bit.

Yeah I agree with Pizzaboy. I know that criminals who rat are technically helping the general public by bringing other criminals down, but to be honest, I'm not so perfect myself and have broken the law many times (Like many normal people). For me, a mob rat is a guy without any morals what so ever. All he cared about is literally himself and possibly his family but who knows. At least the mobsters who don't rat have upheld their strength by not betraying what they stood for. I hate rats.

@pizzaboy : Out of interest, do you know where I can find the topic on the differences between the American mob and the Italian one, as the differences in this day and age, are immense.

Tony Soprano : I thought I told you to back off Beansie!

Richie Aprile : I did, Then I put it in drive..