I would like to verify danielperygin's statement.

For years now carmela is one of my constituents of Italian decent -- and I have come to know her well. She has honored me with her support and with her friendship. Indeed I can proudly say some of my very best friends are Italian-Americans. However, at this time very unfortunately I have to leave this thread in order to preside over a very important thread over at the real deal forum. But before I leave I do want to say this:

This thread about carmela being male or female is in no way what-so-ever a slur upon the great Italian people. Because I can state from my own knowledge and experience -- that carmela is among the most loyal -- most law-abiding -- patriotic, hard working American citizens of this forum. And it would be a shame if we allowed a few rotten apples to bring a bad name to the whole barrel. Because from the time of the great Christopher Columbus up through the time of Enrico Fermi right up to the present day -- carmela has been a pioneer in building and defending our great forum. She is the soil o' the earth and one of the backbones of this forum.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."