GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (MeyerLansky, Toodoped, 1 invisible), 886 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,930
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,616
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,539
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,467
Posts1,061,480
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Mob Wannabe Kids [Re: Dapper_Don] #662953
08/28/12 07:59 PM
08/28/12 07:59 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Originally Posted By: Montague
I COMPLETELY disagree with Wilson/Dapper Don
That wasn't the question though, it wasn't the children of mobsters, it was young people in general, the new generation of Italian Americans if you will. And if New York has shown us anything its that Mobsters raise their children to join the life. Look at John Gotti, Carmine Persico, Carlo Gambino and Joseph Bonanno just to name a few. In the major mob bust last year there was Gregory Fucci and Gregory Fucci Jr.

And the way you grow up economically has nothing to do with it. That is more of the romanticized view of the mafia that movies have shown us. I'd say most of the young Italian American who has gotten involved in organized crime since the '80s was born and raised in a comfortable middle class home.

No longer is it the "You either become a cop, a firefighter or a crook" type of world.

Those guys were exceptions, the majority of mobsters dont want their offspring to follow them into the mob. When Gotti Sr told Chin that Gotti Jr had just become a made man, Chin said "I am sorry to hear that" because the whole point of you being in the life in the first place is that you want to provide a comfortable lifestyle for your family so your kids will not need to enter that lifetyle. Same thing after Bill Cutolo Jr graduated from community college and he told his dad he wanted to enter the life, his dad dissapointed. The Chicago Outfit has a well-known rule that even Frank Calabrese Jr always mentions that you are not suppose to bring your kids into the life. Obcourse there are guys like Gotti Sr and Frank Locascio who's kids follow them into the life.I wouldnt look at the sons of mobsters who followed their dad into the lifestyle, a better judgement of that would be the hundreds of kids who didnt. Those you rarely hear about.

Most young Italians are brought up in a comfortable middle class background in general, the VAST majority of those Italians (I personally know a bunch) go on to become white collar professionals such as wall street brokers, lawyers, professor's, etc. There are some from this ypbrining who pursue crime, just like any other group and like other groups those that too usually are lazy, always getting in trouble, poorly educated (non-college),criminal record, or the few who want to enter LCN.

http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profiles/blogs/genovese-associate-andrew

The chins son ended up involved as well though.

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids [Re: botz] #662954
08/28/12 08:00 PM
08/28/12 08:00 PM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens
Speaking of wannabe kids, last night I was watching WWE RAW from Nassau from 1998.

Someone in the second row had a huge sign reading, "Free The Ridgewood Boys". That's the Giannini Crew.

If anyone has WWE Classics On Demand you can still see the sign. It's in the very first seconds of the episode.

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids [Re: Camarel] #662957
08/28/12 08:12 PM
08/28/12 08:12 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: Camarel
That wasn't the question though, it wasn't the children of mobsters, it was young people in general, the new generation of Italian Americans if you will. And if New York has shown us anything its that Mobsters raise their children to join the life. Look at John Gotti, Carmine Persico, Carlo Gambino and Joseph Bonanno just to name a few. In the major mob bust last year there was Gregory Fucci and Gregory Fucci Jr.

And the way you grow up economically has nothing to do with it. That is more of the romanticized view of the mafia that movies have shown us. I'd say most of the young Italian American who has gotten involved in organized crime since the '80s was born and raised in a comfortable middle class home.

No longer is it the "You either become a cop, a firefighter or a crook" type of world.

Those guys were exceptions, the majority of mobsters dont want their offspring to follow them into the mob. When Gotti Sr told Chin that Gotti Jr had just become a made man, Chin said "I am sorry to hear that" because the whole point of you being in the life in the first place is that you want to provide a comfortable lifestyle for your family so your kids will not need to enter that lifetyle. Same thing after Bill Cutolo Jr graduated from community college and he told his dad he wanted to enter the life, his dad dissapointed. The Chicago Outfit has a well-known rule that even Frank Calabrese Jr always mentions that you are not suppose to bring your kids into the life. Obcourse there are guys like Gotti Sr and Frank Locascio who's kids follow them into the life.I wouldnt look at the sons of mobsters who followed their dad into the lifestyle, a better judgement of that would be the hundreds of kids who didnt. Those you rarely hear about.

Most young Italians are brought up in a comfortable middle class background in general, the VAST majority of those Italians (I personally know a bunch) go on to become white collar professionals such as wall street brokers, lawyers, professor's, etc. There are some from this ypbrining who pursue crime, just like any other group and like other groups those that too usually are lazy, always getting in trouble, poorly educated (non-college),criminal record, or the few who want to enter LCN.

He wasnt made but was involved cause his dad used him to send messages and help run things on the outside, Chin has a bunch of other kids/relatives working on the ports/waterfront, Capeci reported on them recently, making tons of $$$, all legit as of now.

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 08/28/12 08:13 PM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids [Re: Dapper_Don] #662958
08/28/12 08:19 PM
08/28/12 08:19 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: Camarel

He wasnt made but was involved cause his dad used him to send messages and help run things on the outside, Chin has a bunch of other kids/relatives working on the ports/waterfront, Capeci reported on them recently, making tons of $$$, all legit as of now.

He wasn't made but he still spent 2 years in prison for extortion .

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids [Re: botz] #662964
08/28/12 09:27 PM
08/28/12 09:27 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
^^^as he should

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids [Re: botz] #733380
08/10/13 03:36 PM
08/10/13 03:36 PM
L
lic Offline
Made Member
lic  Offline
L
Made Member
why would they want to be mobsters?? when theyve seen there uncles cousins end up dead or in prison?? LCN is not what it used to be far from it. and there mainstay is still gambling and loansharking... and to be honest most guys in there 20's and 30's dont really considering gambling or borrowing money, the way people used too. ive never gambled in my life.

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids [Re: botz] #733381
08/10/13 03:37 PM
08/10/13 03:37 PM
L
lic Offline
Made Member
lic  Offline
L
Made Member
why would they want to be mobsters?? when theyve seen there uncles cousins end up dead or in prison?? LCN is not what it used to be far from it. and there mainstay is still gambling and loansharking... and to be honest most guys in there 20's and 30's dont really considering gambling or borrowing money, the way people used too. ive never gambled in my life.

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids [Re: botz] #733386
08/10/13 03:57 PM
08/10/13 03:57 PM
In exile watching star wars an...
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
In exile watching star wars an...
They are all wanna bes until they start making money.

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids [Re: botz] #733478
08/10/13 09:44 PM
08/10/13 09:44 PM
Illinois
F_white Offline
Underboss
F_white  Offline
Underboss
Illinois
Any kid that want this life is a dumbass.

From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn.

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids [Re: botz] #733534
08/11/13 12:14 AM
08/11/13 12:14 AM
M
MobMan Offline
Made Member
MobMan  Offline
M
Made Member
Victor "Little Vic" Orena son Andrew isn't in the life and his father and brothers reputation ruined his car business .

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids [Re: botz] #733540
08/11/13 12:47 AM
08/11/13 12:47 AM
B
bobbytran Offline
Capo
bobbytran  Offline
B
Capo
The only mob prince so to speak that made a name unto themselves would be Testa, anyone else that I may of forgotten?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull