Heres this part of a story(i dont know how true this really is but its inetersting to read)that i found it on crimerack.com from the "Vito Genovese Case File"...

Genovese preyed on small store owners and pushcart peddlers, selling them protection, stealing, and extorting. In 1917, he met a thief who was as cunning and crafty as himself, Charles “Lucky” Luciano. Luciano was seemingly smarter than Genovese, or Genovese let Luciano think so.
He became Luciano’s lieutenant and together both young men took up armed robbery and burglary. While going to meet Luciano one day in 1917, before committing a planned armed robbery, Genovese was stopped by a suspicious patrolman who frisked him and found a loaded revolver in his coat. He was arrested and given sixty days in the workhouse for carrying a concealed weapon.
Genovese blamed Luciano for this first of arrests, believing either that Luciano had informed on him so that he himself could avoid an impending arrest for fencing stolen goods, or because Luciano did nothing to get Genovese out of the workhouse, even though he had earlier promised his lieutenant to get him a lawyer and pay all fines if he should get into trouble.
At the time, Luciano visited Genovese in the workhouse and pleaded poverty. Genovese served every day of his sentence. Upon his release, however, Genovese went back to work for Luciano. He was arrested in 1918, again for carrying a concealed weapon. This time he paid a $250 fine.
He and Luciano were by then thriving with their small-time rackets, as lieutenants of gang boss Jacob “Little Augie” Orgen. At first, Luciano and Genovese, along with Joe Adonis, Albert Anastasia, and others, concentrated on establishing a number of cheap brothels in Brooklyn and later Manhattan

and i find this a little bit funny..

Vito Genovese died in the Springfield (Illinois) Prison hospital of a heart attack on February 14, 1969.
Only relatives and a few lower echelon mobsters attended his funeral services. None of the bosses of the national crime syndicate made appearances. When Chicago boss Tony Accardo was asked why he had not attended Genovese’s funeral, he replied: “That guy? Hell, I didn’t even send a card.”

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good