Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
...it was nice to see gordan help out that kid as he seemed to be dealt a real shitty hand.

Absolutely. The fact that Gordon is going to pay for that boy's college education shows he has, at times, class. Scooter seemed truly motivated and sincere; my heart really went out to him.

Quote:
the fact that they had to close makes me wonder how much of an effect the constant delays of the start of the show will have on these establishments.i think it was originally set to air in april. ...last nights establishment never even got a chance to see if the air time would pay off.

Well, so much for my "spoiler alert'! lol But I believe you're right about the original air date. The network probably put it off because they were focused more on Ramsay's other two shows, and then there was the Olympics...or maybe they just had a lack of confidence and a case of cold feet. I guess we'll never really know what goes on in the minds of Fox executives. In any event, it (the delay) just might have been the kiss of death. I think these shows were shot sometime in 2011. Of course, until an episode actually airs, I imagine the only people who would actually know about a hotel's makeover would be the people in the immediate area. And even if the locals are aware of the hotel's holding special events (like discounted drinks in the bar, etc.), an establishment would certainly need a stready stream of paying guests to keep the rooms filled. I don't think they would have a chance of that happening until the episode airs. A pity. As a matter of fact, I remember the same thing happening on a few occasions to restaurants in Ramsay's show "Kitchen Nightmares."

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."