Originally Posted By: Turnbull
In '83, we rented a cottage on Cape Cod for a week. Like most rental cottages of the era, it had a supply of old National Geographics. One from 1949 had an ad from the Bell System. Showed three middle-aged women (looking like they just got out of church) standing around a car with a flat tire, with the jack on the ground, looking totally, completely baffled. Off to the side was a telephone pole, with a lineman coming down to help. Message was "Spirit of Service: We're always ready to help."

I took it to the office and showed it to one of the women's libbers. She and I got a big chuckle. Then she said, "Uh, I don't know how to change a tire..." lol

Though I sure as hell am glad things are not like they were in the 50's in regards to those ads but I still still think things like, having a man hold a door open for a woman, or standing to shake your hand is very sweet. Plus, I admit I don't know how to change a tire either. Even if I did, I'd be scared to death I mess up and the tire would come off. lol

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon