I haven't been following the entertainment news much lately - is Gordon Ramsay in deep financial trouble?

Admittedly, I was quite surprised to hear that Ramsay was going to do a show of this kind. I watch his other shows on TV (broadcast only; I don't have cable anymore) and figured I'd give the new one a try.

First off, I saw the initial two episodes and think it might be a little early to pass judgement on the whole series after watching only two shows. I noticed that they made sure to have Gordon in the inn's kitchen. That was good. However, I really wonder if that hotel will really succeed. The two owners were initially such assholes that I found myself not giving a damn if the hotel went under - but only hoped for a positive outcome because I felt a lot of sympathy for the staff.

But, those two owners? Loathed them. If the younger one could really change and they could keep his older boyfriend ("I em zee boss!") chained up out back inside the RV, then maybe the place has a chance in the long run. I mean, the hotel itself was gorgeous. Not a fleabag rat-trap by any means. The type of place I wouldn't mind staying at.

But, it showed that you really had to work hard to be disliked so strongly by so many of the locals. An interesting part for me was when Gordon went to visit the previous chef, who was loved and respected by the staff. When she said that there was no way that she would come back, even for a visit (and why), that said a lot.

I plan to watch the next episodes, if I can, so I can see if I really want to stick with this new show. I'm keeping an open mind.

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."