GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 263 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,796
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,357
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,417
Posts1,060,580
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 45 of 59 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 58 59
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #660066
08/14/12 06:32 AM
08/14/12 06:32 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Originally Posted By: MaryCas
Ha! I thought I was going to read about fish. I didn't know Detroit was known for fishing. Bass GUITAR makes more sense.

Ha ha! Well MC, the Great Lakes state does have some great fishing as well. smile

TIS

You play the bass and stunned by the low frequencies, the bass jump in your boat. lol

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Longneck] #660067
08/14/12 06:33 AM
08/14/12 06:33 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Lilo] #660082
08/14/12 10:01 AM
08/14/12 10:01 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Ewwwww! That's sickening. uhwhat People couldn't have actually lived in that garbage??

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Longneck] #660105
08/14/12 12:35 PM
08/14/12 12:35 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Certainly a public health issue. Sadly enough every town in America probably has a home like that. It should be bulldozed and the pile taken to a landfill and burned.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: MaryCas] #660114
08/14/12 01:42 PM
08/14/12 01:42 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
From my hometown Elyria, Ohio

Tianna Madison

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Mignon] #660115
08/14/12 01:49 PM
08/14/12 01:49 PM
California

California
Wow! I'm not an Olympic follower but I understand your pride, Mig. Great story! smile

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #660121
08/14/12 02:23 PM
08/14/12 02:23 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Thanks TIS!

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Longneck] #660125
08/14/12 02:34 PM
08/14/12 02:34 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
She did a great job on the track, Mig.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: klydon1] #660126
08/14/12 02:40 PM
08/14/12 02:40 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Thanks Kly.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Longneck] #661207
08/20/12 07:14 PM
08/20/12 07:14 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI

Winter is Coming

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Lilo] #661818
08/24/12 10:17 AM
08/24/12 10:17 AM
California

California
Still unfolding...A shooting by the Empire State Building

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/...e-building?lite

TIS

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Longneck] #661828
08/24/12 11:11 AM
08/24/12 11:11 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Terrible. The latest here is that there are 2 dead (including the gunman) and 10 injured, although many not shot, but trampled in the chaos that followed. They are saying right now that it looks like a workplace shooting.

My niece literally lives on that corner of 5th and just missed the shooting by minutes when she left for work this morning. My daughter just started school a few blocks away, but came home last night since orientation was over. Glad she was here with me, as it would have been a nightmare getting her out of Manhattan today.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Sicilian Babe] #661831
08/24/12 11:17 AM
08/24/12 11:17 AM
California

California
SB,

So glad daughter & niece are safe. I can imagine the nightmare there right now. I'm following off/on on tv.

smile

TIS

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #661837
08/24/12 11:36 AM
08/24/12 11:36 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
The mayor and police commissioner just held a short press conference. Apparently the gunman was a disgruntled worker who had been laid off from his job last year. He shot his former boss and was making his getaway when a witness pointed him out to two uniformed cops. The cops were approaching the gunman when he pulled out his revolver (a .45) and in a quick exchange of gunfire, the gunman was shot and killed.

In addition, some nine, or so, others were shot and wounded during the exchange.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Longneck] #661935
08/24/12 08:29 PM
08/24/12 08:29 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
I was keeping abreast of the developments while in my office today, spouses were calling fellow coworkers to talk/check-in on them (I work near Union Sq). NYC always has a bunch of crazies walking around unfortunately.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Longneck] #664564
09/05/12 01:55 PM
09/05/12 01:55 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Finally an update on this...

Man admits burglarizing Bon Jovi's NJ shore home
Quote:
By WAYNE PARRY | Associated Press – 1 hr 10 mins ago

A New Jersey man who admitted burglarizing a string of homes at the Jersey shore, including the home of rocker Jon Bon Jovi, is in line for some bad medicine: He's likely to get five years in prison.

Nicholas Tracy, 22, of Beachwood pleaded guilty Tuesday in state Superior Court in Freehold to three counts of theft and burglary from a spree that netted him more than $300,000 worth of jewelry and personal items from the homes.

The thefts took place on March 14, April 1 and April 3 of 2011 along the Middletown Township road where Bon Jovi lives. Ten days after the last break-in, Middletown police responded to another report of a burglary in the area and located Tracy inside a residence in the midst of committing the crime, Acting Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni said.

He declined to comment on what was taken from the home of the multi-platinum-selling rocker, but court papers have alleged jewelry worth $100,000 was taken from the Bon Jovi home.

Police say at least some of the stolen property has been recovered.

Tracy will be sentenced on Oct. 12 to five years in prison next month under the terms of a plea deal before Superior Court Judge Ronald Reisner.

He also is awaiting trial on several burglary charges from Toms River earlier this year, and remains jailed until they can be heard. In those cases, from March and February, the homes were broken into and burglarized.

Toms River police said they followed a van from the scene of a burglary at a vacant home, and arrested Tracy. A search of his home and vehicle turned up items that were stolen from three homes.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Longneck] #665910
09/12/12 12:59 PM
09/12/12 12:59 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
This is absolutely ridiculous.

Ernest Perce, a local nut case, first made news by purchasing a billboard in a predominantly black part of Harrisburg that depicted a black man in chains with the caption, "Slaves, obey your masters," with a corresponding biblical reference.

Last Halloween he marched in the Mechanicsburg Halloween parade, dressed as a zombie, wearing a placard stating, "Muhammad of Islam." One of the Muslim spectators at the parade attempted to pull the sign from his neck. While Perce implored the police to charge the man with attempted homicide, the police eventually charged the man with a summary offence of harassment.

The case was assigned to District Justice (Magistrate)Mark Martin, who heard the case, determined there was no basis for the harassment charge, and found the man not guilty. To make matters worse for Perce, Martin lectured him about being a provocative pain in the ass.

Perce had recorded the hearing and lecture, and posted an edited version of the hearing on the internet to make it appear that the judge was a Muslim, who found the man not guilty bcause of the defendant's religion.

Judge Martin, a lifelong Lutheran and Lt. Colonel in the Army Reserves, found himself buried in hate mail and death threats from around the country. It got so bad that hte county had to move his office and court room to the county court house for his safety.

Perce posted on the internet that the Muslim Martin is using his district justice position to impose Sharia law. He soon received support from the Middle Eastern Forum, which is a right-wing pro-Israel watchdog group that monitors universities' Middle Eastern Studies programs. They demanded that the State Judicial conduct Board remove him from office.

In a few weeks Martin will feel much safer. He and his unit will be shipping out to Afghanistan where he'll be more secure.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: klydon1] #665922
09/12/12 03:10 PM
09/12/12 03:10 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Kly, you deal with cases that include provocation as a defense. I don't see the number of such cases slowing down. As time goes by, we add more and more to our pantheon of things that provoke us. However, I see provocation, real or not, as just an excuse for a lack of self control. I think it ought to be eliminated as a defense. By the way, doesn't provocation as a defense have its roots in common law?

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Longneck] #666072
09/13/12 03:12 PM
09/13/12 03:12 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
That's a good point. The above defendant was not acqitted on the doctrine of provocation, but on the judge's determination that his conduct of attempting to remove the placard didn't satisfy the elements of the offense. I've seen people convicted of that summary offense for less.

Provocation did originate under English common law and I believe it was limited to murder charges, and could only reduce the charge to manslaughter.

In some jurisdictions provocation or "Fighting words" is not a defense to assault, but a separate charge against the prvocateur. When used as a defense, it is applied in a limited fashion. theassault must be contemporaneous with the provocation, which must be of a shocking nature.

the only time I saw it used effectively as a defense was in a case where a defendant struck a shop owner after a verbal disagreement. The shop owner told him to leave and take his "ni***r kids" with him.

My colleqague, who represented the defendant, spoke with a few of the jurors and learned that6-7 jurors were ready to acquit immediately, but the other five examined several facts, such as the proximity of the two people, the fact that there were several people present, including the children, and the immediacy of the reaction.

I don't know that it is being used effectively as a defense very often, but when it is, it is always accompanied by a a cautionary, restrictive instruction from the bench.

I agree that persistent or expansive use of the doctrine will encourage irresponsible behavior, taking the law into one's own hands, and lawlessness.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: klydon1] #666099
09/13/12 09:18 PM
09/13/12 09:18 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Sex with underage girls, online soliticing, etc., are rampant in this area. But, an interesting legal wrinkle developed in pleas involving an online sting orchestrated by the local PD, with one defendant actually "out-lawing" his public defender:

Jeff Balys met his new attorney on Monday.

The most outspoken of the so-called Yavapai Six defendants accused of online sex chats with an undercover YCSO deputy, Balys, 47, of Cordes Lakes, is facing four counts of luring a child for sexual exploitation and one count of aggravated luring.

He was arrested after Det. Pam Edgerton, playing the role of a 13-year-old girl, said she had conducted several sexually-charged Internet chats with Balys in January 2011, and that he wanted to set up a meeting with the girl she was playing.

Balys is now on his third lawyer.

His first one, public defender John R. Thornton, battled, sometimes publicly, with Balys, who claimed Thornton wanted him to accept a plea agreement that he didn't want. The plea, he argued, was based on the concept that Balys could be accused of a "dangerous crime against a child" - which, Balys correctly said, an Arizona court had recently thrown out because a similar sting did not actually involve a child.

After weeks of arguing, Thornton was replaced by Eric English, and, in public, at least, Balys seemed to get along with him. But in July, English filed a motion asking to be replaced because of an unspecified "conflict."

Balys said the problem was that English, like Thornton, wouldn't listen to him about problems he heard in Edgerton's testimony in two previous cases.

Monday, attorney John Erickson met Balys for the first time, just before appearing before Superior Court Judge Tina Ainley.

"As the court may be aware, I am fairly new to this case," Erickson told Ainley. "This is a pretty complicated case. I am still trying to get to the bottom of it."

Ainley agreed and vacated Balys' October trial dates.

Although Balys has repeatedly refused a plea, Ainley reset the date for November, when, she said, they could discuss a non-trial resolution.

Outside the courtroom, Balys, who is out on bond, said, "I don't think anybody wants to deal with this case."

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Turnbull] #666101
09/13/12 10:11 PM
09/13/12 10:11 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
It's official now... the sale of sugary drinks (soda) in cup sizes of over 16 ounces is now banned in NYC. The ban takes effect in March.

What next? Hamburgers will be limited to four ounces? No more cheese allowed on them??

Rumors have it that an anti-farting law will take place next year.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Longneck] #666102
09/13/12 10:19 PM
09/13/12 10:19 PM
EddieCoyle Offline
Capo
EddieCoyle  Offline
Capo
Perhaps this prohibition will give birth to a new racket for the Italian Mafia.

They have been smuggling in XL cups and 2L bottles from Neighboring states and Canada.

Okla: Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them?
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: EddieCoyle] #666103
09/13/12 10:21 PM
09/13/12 10:21 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: Montague

A new coke connection?

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: SC] #666104
09/13/12 10:26 PM
09/13/12 10:26 PM
California

California
I heard that. What is the purpose of this law? confused What is the goal? confused

I understand the health issue and myself I never drink any of the huge drinks, but you have freedom of speech but not the size drink you have in your hand? lol

TIS

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #666105
09/13/12 10:37 PM
09/13/12 10:37 PM
California

California
Poor Kathy Bates (Harry's Law & Misery) announced she is recovering from a double mastectomy after being diagnosed with breast cancer. frown In 02/03 she had ovarian cancer and pulled thru. Don't you wonder how some people survive getting hit with double whammies like this? She is expected to recover so that's good. I wish her well.

TIS

http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/post.asp...ectomy/52-16901

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: SC] #666106
09/13/12 10:46 PM
09/13/12 10:46 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SC
Originally Posted By: Montague

A new coke connection?

i wonder what nicknames will come out of this? what happens if you get caught with a bottle over 16 oz? will there be speakeasies in 7-11's? a lot of questions and hopefully answers in march.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: BAM_233] #666107
09/13/12 10:49 PM
09/13/12 10:49 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: BAM_233
what happens if you get caught with a bottle over 16 oz?

You'll get pounded.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Longneck] #666108
09/13/12 10:53 PM
09/13/12 10:53 PM
EddieCoyle Offline
Capo
EddieCoyle  Offline
Capo

Okla: Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them?
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Longneck] #666109
09/13/12 11:00 PM
09/13/12 11:00 PM
EddieCoyle Offline
Capo
EddieCoyle  Offline
Capo

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: SC] #666112
09/14/12 02:23 AM
09/14/12 02:23 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally Posted By: SC
It's official now... the sale of sugary drinks (soda) in cup sizes of over 16 ounces is now banned in NYC. The ban takes effect in March.

What next? Hamburgers will be limited to four ounces? No more cheese allowed on them??

Rumors have it that an anti-farting law will take place next year.

We were in Oregon a couple of months ago. They have a law that no meat can be cooked less than medium in any restaurant.

Oregon also allows assisted suicides. Perhaps that law was passed to aid those who ate meat cooked less than medium rare?

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Page 45 of 59 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 58 59

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull