Originally Posted By: yigido
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Originally Posted By: yigido
wasnt joe bonanno boss at a younger age?

You´re right. Bonanno was 26 when he became boss. The feds seems to have overlooked that...

But I´m positive there were other guys elevated to a captain´s rank who was younger than Trucchio throughout Cosa Nostra history. It´s just that we don´t know about them. One guy comes to mind right now...Gaspar DiGregorio (born in 1905) seems to have become a captain when Bonanno took over. So perhaps we should take the feds statement regarding Trucchio with a grain of salt.
im not sure but i found this also in wikipedia about cesare bonventre: "At 28, Bonventre became the youngest capo in Bonanno family history." he died at the age of 33 and he was a capo so it seems legit.

Yes Bonventre was a capo. And he was 28 when he became one. So the article (in regards to that) is legit. But much of the other claims seems to be wrong. For example, I´m pretty sure DiGregorio became a capo in 1931, when he was 26. So the writer´s claim of "Bonventre became the youngest capo in Bonanno family history" certainly seems not to be legit.

[Linked Image]