Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: AmericanCrime
I see what you're saying Ivy, but I have to respectfully disagree. I mean the Feds with all their resources and network of informants have mostly been the ones keeping tracks of these family structures. Not to say they haven't been prone to error (especially in the early days, but that's another issue). And they hodl that 3 out of the 5 families have this position. So tehre's that.

And sorry for the way I phrased the blurb about Bellomo. It was kinda confusing. I fixed it above. I meant that he was first an acting boss before transitioning to Street Boss. The Acting role has been in place since time immemorial.

I'm not saying these positions don't exist. I'm saying they're different names for the same position.

You'll see the terms "Acting Boss" and "Street Boss" used interchangeably in news articles and even some reports. But, off the top of my head, I don't recall ever seeing the term "Street Boss" in an indictment. It's always "Acting Boss."

Beyond that, I can't think of any situation where you had one guy who was the Acting Boss and another guy who was the Street Boss. And I'm talking about being identified as such by the feds. Not by internet speculation.

Ralph DeLeo was identified specifically as a Street Boss chosen by Acting Boss Allie Boy Persico according by the govt.

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 07/27/12 11:55 PM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.