The following is a quote from Five Felonies above:

"i know im gonna catch alot of crap for this but here goes anyways. pre ww2 in germany, what did hitler do? first, all guns had to be registered. soon after guess what happened? since the state had a list of everyone with guns it was much easier to take them and thats what was done."

Yes, you are gonna catch crap from me. My God, it is so easy these days to research statements before they are posted. Why not do so? Gun ownership in Germany during the tenure of the Third Reich (get this) was actually less restrictive than during that of its predecessor, the Weimer Republic. The Weimer Republic through the Reichstag enacted laws that severely restricted gun ownership to comply with the Versailles Treaty. Under the Third Reich, the Weapons Act of 1938 (Hitler became Chancellor in 1933) applied rather anemic handgun registration requirements which were intended to deprive Jews and other non-persons of weapons, but it still did not apply to long-guns. Hunters were exempt from the restictions and the gun ownership age was lowered.

To reiterate, eschew urban myths in favor or research before you post.

Last edited by olivant; 07/27/12 11:56 AM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."