Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
"Ok thanks i can see were i got mixed up. I thought Mangano was the one Maranzano madde boss after the Masseria killing. Who was boss after Mineo then?"

I really don´t know. There is a possibility that Scalise was made boss by Maranzano already right after Mineo was killed, perhaps on acting basis only. But considering the Family had split into two factions, Scalise must have been practically powerless at that time.
Another possibility is that the Family simply didn´t had a boss (right after the Mineo killing) and that a power vaccum occurred. I don´t think the two sides were able to name a boss. Who would have wanted the job at that time, considering the shooting came from all kinds of angles?

Yeah good point Maranzanos faction probably just absorbed the Mineos and Scalise just became one of his closest allies.

Sorry for the constant questions lol but was Mangano not also an ally of Maranzano if so then why would Luciano (or whoever) name Mangano boss rather than just keeping Scalise in place?