Last Saturday, I attended a book signing in Brooklyn at the Coney Island Museum, and since I got there a little early I had - what else? - a bottle of Coney Island Lager while I waited. Interesting label design, based on the old "Tillie" face that adorned the entrance to Coney Island's long-gone Steeplechase Park.

The beer had a good flavor, but was really nothing to make me tear off all my clothes and run naked down Surf Ave. (few things are, these days) Still, I've had worse. A lot worse.

The thing that bothers me about this beer is the realization that it ain't even brewed in Brooklyn! Not even close! It's brewed by (now, get this) the Shmaltz Brewing Company (a California-based company) in Saratoga Springs. That's right - Saratoga Springs. They actually do have a brewery in Brooklyn, but it is so "micro" that their batches only amount to around a gallon a day. So, any "mass production" is contracted out to other, larger breweries.

Other than that, the beer wasn't half-bad.

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."