Originally Posted By: klydon1
There are many variations to the Nigerian scam.

Two scams that are going around now involve winning a vacation cruise to the Bahamas where all you have to pay is $250 in taxes and boarding fees. It comes with a gift certificate for going to meet them. The agency is Sundance Travel.

An older one involves a call from the "Drug Agency" claiming there is a search warrant for your residence because of an allegation of buying overseas prescriptions illegally. They leave a number for you to call where they make plans for you to wire money to avoid the warrant and charges.

Keep in mind that law enforcement has never telephoned anyone to say they had a search warrant.

KlY I got that call about the sundance..or actually it was Spirit Incentives or something for timeshares...THe girl called me and said I won a vacation from an entry I filled out at a flyers game. My friends were like that's bolshit they just send you a free gift card.. but I actually went though with the thing didn't take the cruise.. They gave me options of vegas, dc, san diego, and miami...So I went down to North Miami..They did however keep like a one hundred dollar deposit or they said it was used to pay taxes and stuff like that. They have an office in KOP and they have real aggressive sales people. I listened to everything they had to say, and I think some of the people there watching the 30 in stupid movie were "shills" or whatever they call it. So i got 3 days and 2 nights in a decent hotel in delco art district..its funny because they schedule you for a late flight..then the last day and early flight,,so basically you have one day...They had all kinds of upgrade packages so I could of stayed longer it was for me one guest. But if I had to do it again, I would've just paid for my trip and been on my time and not their time.

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."