Prior to both CC and Andy getting hurt I said the Yankees should try to get a bat before the trade deadline because what happened last October I feels going to happen again. They CAN'T hit with runners in scoring position to save their lives and when they go up against the best pitchers in the American League (i.e. Justin Verlander, Jered Weaver, etc.) they have to manufacturer runs and cannot rely solely on the long ball.

Now I think they should get both, a hitter and pitcher because the guys they have in Triple-A just aren't ready, no matter how much they wanna talk them up. Bestances just got optioned to Double-A as a matter of fact. I believe somewhat in Phelps but haven't seen enough of him. How long will he hold up for? Can he handle a pressure situation as a playoff start? I'll see what Warren's got but his Triple-A numbers don't overly impress me. I'd like to see the Yankees go after Matt Garza but I know Chicago's not going to let him go lightly and I wouldn't want the Yankees to raid the farm to get him.

And don't even get me started on Freddy Garcia...