Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
there were the gallo bros who transferred over to the genovese from the colombos

Yes, but keep in mind that Albert Gallo wasn´t made when this occurred. I think it´s easier with associates to change affiliation than made members.

Are you sure about that? Someone at the other forum also thought that Joey Gallo wasn't a made member.

I´m positivly sure Sonny. I´m kinda surprised you would think that Joey Gallo was not a member. He was shelved but still a member. After the Colombo hit, he was totally ousted. You can find this in the Scarpa files.
If you´re still uncertain, use NARA Record number 124-10293-10244 (to view another document) when visiting the very useful Mary Ferrell Foundation site. Here´s a partial excerpt from page 3 and 4 of that document (wich is dated 1968):

"Informant was shown photographs of various individuals who have been connected with Cosa Nostra and he commented as follows:

CARMINE CONSALVO Proposed member In the GAMBINO family
DAVID RAVA Son of TOMMY RAVA Not a member
ALFRED J. CIMEI Not a member
HARRY FONTANA Capodeeina in COLOMBO family
SALVATORE D`AMBROSIO Soldier in COLOMBO family
PHIL FONTANO Soldier in the COLOMBO family, under Harry Fontana
FREDDIE LA PONZINA Soldier in COLOMBO family
ANTHONY LA PONZINA Soldier in COLOMBO family
LAWRENCE LAMPASI Not a member
ANTHONY LEONE Member of COLOMBO family (not SCIACCA family)
FRANK ILLIANO Not a member
LAWRENCE GALLO Deceased member of COLOMBO family
JOSEPH GALLO Member of COLOMBO family
LOUIS GEORGIANO Possibly dead. Under SARO MOGAVERO in GENOVESE family
ALBERT GALLO not a member
ANTHONY BONASERA Soldier in COLOMBO family"

If you read the document (all of it) you will find that this particular informant was extremely reliable. He might have been a highranking member.

You can find tons of documents on the site stating that Larry and Joey were members, but Albert was not. (Throughout the 1960s that is.)

[Linked Image]