Yea, I dont ever plan on it and want to save myself the headache. Funny you mention this though. About three weeks ago I had lunch with a friend from elementary/middle school in the Bronx. We used to play on the baseball team and do math homework together. Anyways, I remember one day he didnt show up to school and my mother (who was on the pta) told me his dad was found dead. After that the kid was never the same, started having anger management issues, doing poorly in school, etc.

It wasnt until many years later when I started getting into mob lore, reading articles and books, I found out that his dad was a Lucchese soldier who was killed by Amuso and Casso during their rampage in the family.

We have had friendly lunch/dinners over the years and have never spoken about the reasons for his dad's death, nor have I told him my interest in mob lore. He has hinted various times throughout our conversations that he is "involved" in "numbers" with "certain people", but wished his life would have turned out different and he went the college route like myself. Obviously I never have or will implore the details of his involvement in the life.

Figured I share this story.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.