Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
They take the five and ten year deals because they realize it's better to be out in ten and making money than to be in for twenty to life.

No kidding.

I know it sounds overly simplistic, Sonny. But you know as well as I do that it wasn't all that long ago that plea deals by wiseguys were unheard of, and I just think that the Genoveses were a little bit quicker to see the benefits of said deals.

The Gambinos certainly took their sweet time in seeing the light. Don't you think that guys like John Carneglia and Gene Gotti curse John while they sit in their jail cells today? Those guys were offered very generous pleas back in '89 which would have had them on the street years ago.

There's a big difference between coming out of jail at 55 and coming out at 75. They could have had a few prime years ahead of them. Now they'll be old men when they're released. And if not for John Gotti's insane anti-government mindset, they might have had those years on the street.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.