Anthony Salerno wasn't the brightest guy in the mob -

On a federal wiretap he was heard saying to Matthew Iannello concerning inductions in other families:

"I don't know none of them. They don't put the nicknames down here....but anyway, I'll leave this up to the boss"

Did he know the wiretap was there? Did he feel he wasn't important enough to be bugged so he spoke so openly? Did he think the family was so secretive that the feds could do nothing to get them?

On other wiretap, Genovese soldier Giuseppe Sabato stated to Salerno:

"Forget about the papers. There's arrests next week. I'm pretty sure Paul and the other guy and Tony Ducks. I'm pretty sure I'll found out tonight. If they get Chin they're wrapped up"

Continuing to Salerno, Sabato states:

"All, all the finagling, all the manipulating, manipulating and manipulating, to fool the government, f-k it, it won't stick"

Salerno states:

"He's got to worry if he gets pinched, all them years he spent in that f-kin asylum. For nothing"

Discussing the boss so openly, Salerno wasn't the cleverest of them. Hell, why wasn't he killed for this?

Joseph Gorgone, a Colombo soldier was threatened by Chin because he stated that he wasn't really crazy. What he said was caugnt on an FBI wiretap. Obviously ignored by them, as was the words from Salerno:

"I'll leave this up to the boss".

No wonder the feds can't beat the mob - it was designed to be indestructable