Originally Posted By: PP
Nice. Thanks.

Here's an article I found recently, that I never read before about the unions. You probably have though. Was the most informative about the outfit and unions I have ever read.

http://www.ipsn.org/stier_anderson__malone_reports.htm#The_Persistent_Threat_of_the_Chicago_Outfit

The interesting thing about the Stier report is, if you go through it, most of the mob-related labor racketeering and corruption examples cited seem to be of a residual nature.

Local 330 (associating with organized crime figures)

Local 714 (bid-rigging; put under trusteeship in 2008)

Local 726 (extortion of union members for jobs by former foreman who was an Outfit associate)

Local 727 (business agent had possible mob ties; embezzlement from vision/dental plan)

Local 743 (banned official possibly still have ties to local; current official may have entered into sham CBA's and is involved in video poker business, rigged elections)

Local 781 (banned official may still have contact with local; local may be engaged in business with a benefit service provider run by the son of a slain Outfit associate)

Local 786 (local official and benefits administrator associating with organized crime figures; misappropriation of union funds; Outfit control of a major local provider; use of non-union labor and failure to contribute to benefit funds)

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.