Notice how, even now, people are going way back for their examples. Pat Marcy? Fred Roti? In other discussions I've had people still bring up Gus Alex, the Camel, and even Jake Guzik. Yes, the Outfit was deep into political corruption years ago. But now, it's on a much more limited, localized basis. Not nearly as all encompassing as it once was.

I can't name a single non-Italian that is in a high up position in the hierarchy of the modern day Outfit. And what's more, I personally think people's idea of the hierarchy itself is outdated. This "soldiers are like captains and associates are like soldiers" business. I really haven't seen any evidence that we're still dealing with these large crews where you have the Area Boss, and below him a few Street Bosses, and below each of them several soldiers, and below them several more associates with sub crews of their own.

From what I can tell, just by looking at the info over the past 10-15 years at most, we're dealing with a much smaller, much less hierarchical, much more streamlined, organization. Which is why I find the official estimates of 25-30 members and a little over 100 associates very believable.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.