By far the most interesting thing about the Chicago mob is their lack of activity with the other families in the United States. There was a thing with Rudy Fratto having deals with Cleveland mobsters for some gambling and construction deal, which is shocking consider there's still wiseguys in Cleveland. The northeastern families all for one instance or another have communications with each other, i.e. like Nicky Stefanelli who recently killed himself. There doesn't seem to be that with Chicago. The McCormick plaza seems to be the 9/11 to what construction jobs were to the NY families.

The Family Secrets trial seemed to have taken out the older generation and higher ups of that family. I've noticed there seems to be a far older age of those named in indictments vs. the NY families.

To me the Chicago mob is by far the most interesting as there is simply not much to go on for the civilian mob watcher. Philly is easy to find info on, same with New York and the Providence boys. Chicago doesn't seem to warrant the same amount of journalistic interest that the other families do. And when it comes to the Midwestern families....."family". I'd say Chicago is the only one with real structure, Detroit may just be a crew or two.

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer