Originally Posted By: dontommasino
Finale was a little under-whelming, but I was expecting that because of the success of the Blackwater Bay episode. I understand that they have made further deviations from the book. Having not read the books, I don't know what they are and whether you'll like them Lilo.

There are tons. Most work ok. But some do not. This one in particular bothered me
Click to reveal..
In the book Catelyn Stark releases Jaime Lannister and Robb Stark breaks his betrothal AFTER they have each learned of the supposed deaths of Bran and Rickon Stark. This makes sense since Catelyn is crazed with grief and desperate to save her remaining children. Robb has grief and guilt and falls into another woman's arms. In the show they do what they do without hearing of the "deaths" of Bran and Rickon. This makes Catelyn seem stupid and Robb just seem like a horny entitled teen boy. The motivations matter a great deal.

That said though the show is a different medium than the books. Coppola made changes to Puzo's text and created a masterpiece. But Benioff and Weiss already have better source text to work with than Coppola had. So I just don't want them to reinvent the wheel too much. Cut where needed but don't change the themes too much. I enjoyed this season but I was a little warier of the changes. If you like the show I would definitely recommend the books.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.