Originally Posted By: carmela
antimafia, I would say that Cali would not have been in Montreal at that time. Other than that, I am of no help. Could have been any one of them.

carmela:

Thanks for the insight.

Back on February 8, 2008, The Sixth Family co-author Adrian Humphreys wrote an article in Canada's National Post about the Old Bridge operation's transatlantic mafia arrests, in particular those of Filippo Casamento and Giovanni Inzerillo.

From the article:

On Jan. 22, 2004, anti-Mafia investigators in Montreal called colleagues in Toronto in a panic, saying Messrs. Casamento and Inzerillo were about to arrive at Pearson airport.

The pair was expected to fly from Sicily to Montreal but suddenly changed their destination to Toronto.

"We mustered a crew together and watched them get off the plane and check into the Sheraton hotel," said retired RCMP Staff Sergeant Larry Tronstad, who is now a partner with Detek Investigative Group, a private security firm in Toronto.

"He's walking around downtown like he'd been here a thousand times. He knew where he was going, where to get the shuttle bus, where to get his espresso."

I wonder whether changing their destination from Montreal to Toronto was a diversionary tactic. If not, I wonder whether they would have met with individuals in the old Rizzuto organization to discuss new drug routes and pipelines.