Originally Posted By: carmela
And I kindly tell you that I have no concern for you, so we're good there. Asking for a source is not implying that you're a liar, so don't get it twisted. Just because someone may be misinformed does not mean they are intentionally lying.

I read Italian with no problem, my father and husband are born and raised in Sicily, so no worries on not finding anything in english.

I am interested how they can possibly know these types of numbers, when there are people like my husband that are citizens of Italy, living in the US as a perm resident only, and not a citizen of the US. As far as Italy is concerned he lives there, no? He is there 2 sometimes 3 times a year. Do they consider him a migrator?

Yes, since that once you officially reside outside of Italy you should officially be labelled as an emigrant. Is he's enrolled in the A.I.R.E. (Associazione Italiani Residenti all'Estero)? That's one of the many institutions that oversee us.

But, as you'll hear from the video I posted with the sources, due to the current state of Italian bureaucracy, numbers tend to be not that accurate.

Thankfully, there are tons of associations of Italians abroad that help the Govt. with valuable info. Such as Fondazione Migrantes.

Feel free to PM me if you need any help or info.
Buona serata.

Last edited by LuanKuci; 05/20/12 10:16 PM.