Originally Posted By: klydon1
My grandmother, Mildred Murphy, is celebrating her 98th birthday today. She's still sharp as a tack even though she needs a cane and has lost much of her eyesight.

I asked her today how she would like to celebrate her 100th. She said if she lived to 100, she'd die of embarrassment.

For those of you lucky enough to have a living grandparent, please realize your blessing.

Kly that is so wonderful AND you are right, we all should realize our blessings in our parents & grandparents. God bless her. smile

My father, who passed away a year and a half ago, had a wonderful sense of humor. A restaurant in their area would, for your birthday, give you a discount percentage of whatever your age was. My dad was 80 something when he went there on his birthday. He told the family afterward (jokingly), "I can hardly wait til I'm 100". lol

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon