Originally Posted By: fathersson
Talk about brass balls!

White House under fire for adding Obama policy plugs to past presidents' bios

I heard about this on the radio yesterday but didn't say anything because I don't want to sound like a one-note wonder. Of course, if the previous president had done this, there would probably be a 3 page thread on this board by now.

Originally Posted By: olivant
Originally Posted By: klydon1
There are deep public policy arguments against including polygamous relationships within the rights of a civil marriage. Propietary rights, tax and estate issues, commercial and liability concerns (just to name a few) are compromised in such relationships. Similarly, the State should not allow blood relatives to marry for a variety of practical reasons.

I had been trying to frame my argument about the legal complications introduced by polygamy, but you did it for me Kly. Excellent post.

You're both grasping at straws in order to not acknowledge the polygamy issue while retaining your position on the gay issue. But like I said, I wouldn't expect much else from a lawyer.

But, in the end, I'm happy leaving it up to the states. Of course, the pro gay crowd, like the pro abortion crowd (often the same people) don't like this so will try to get their way through the courts on this issue just like they did the other.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.