Lately I've been hearing a lot about people having certain "rights," people "evolving" on certain issues, voting with their "conscience," etc. All this obviously being applied to the gay marriage issue.

But here's my question - there's another marriage issue that was around long before this gay marriage thing. I'm talking, of course, about polygamy. All the arguments that can be made for gay marriage can also be made for polygamy; plus the right to practice polygamy on freedom of religion grounds. And, yet, I don't - and never have - heard diddly squat in terms of moral outrage from people on the left, whether it be the guy currently in the White House or his flunkies on this board, about those "rights" being denied certain people over a century ago.

Could it be that it's not really about "rights," "evolving," "conscience" or whatever buzz words these folks choose to pay lip service to, so much as what falls within their particular political framework and what doesn't?

Note: I bring this up, not to argue for polygamy, but simply to point out the selective, hypocritical, and downright phony arguments I've been hearing for gay marriage.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 05/15/12 06:44 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.