Originally Posted By: ciccogol
Salvatore, if you are interested, then there are 1 or 2 recent articles in the (mainstream) Italian media concerning Messina Denaro, but they are short in nature without much detail, which is what such a man prefers. This one is from may 2012

http://www.hercole.it/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=32386&Itemid=111

The anti-mafia prosecutor believes that he is in Sicily (well of course...) but he alleges that he is not the boss of Cosa Nostra, as many believe - he also says that there is in fact no current boss because they are all in jail and that although CN have tried to reorganize twice already, they (authorities) have been quick to beat them back down.

It sounds doubtful to me but peronally, I don't know too much about the condition of Sicilian mafia (I keep an eye more on the Camorra) so someone else can probably verify to what extent this is true.
In my opinion, Messina Denaro is somewhere very near Trapani.

This article, while new, is not new news. Any articles around about MMD are nothing more than recycled info. On the run since 1993, nearly 50 years old, killed enough men to fill a cemetery, blah blah BLAH.

No, he's not the boss of bosses. He will never be, even though he is constantly called such. He isn't from Palermo, he can never be boss of bosses.

He's in and around, between Italy mainland and Sicily. At this point, if he would make a move out of the country, he'll be caught.

Cosa Nostra are re-grouping. It's not like the media makes it seem as though everytime they try and re-organize, govt beat them back down. The young generations of Cosa Nostra and Stidda are aligning, there's still plenty going on down there. Unless you're there to see it for yourself, you'd have no idea. The news doesn't even begin to touch on what happens down there daily. And the rest that they do publish, is highly sensationalized.

Last edited by carmela; 05/11/12 06:19 PM.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.