GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 387 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,616
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,539
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,465
Posts1,061,372
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #623043
12/05/11 01:55 PM
12/05/11 01:55 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
Killing Montagna severed ties between the Bonnano's and Montreal. Montagna was a crucial link to rebuild that bridge and somewhat take over Montreal for the Bonnanos. Obviously times have changed and Canadian mobsters couldn't care less about some guy from NYC trying to run things.

This ain't the 50s

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #623046
12/05/11 02:00 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
montagna is sure behind the attack against rizzuto's and he was not alone he formed a group in montreal

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: eurodave] #623047
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: eurodave
Killing Montagna severed ties between the Bonnano's and Montreal. Montagna was a crucial link to rebuild that bridge and somewhat take over Montreal for the Bonnanos. Obviously times have changed and Canadian mobsters couldn't care less about some guy from NYC trying to run things.

This ain't the 50s

You're right, but being there in the first place was a mistake on their part. The New York families have enough problems in New York, let alone getting involved in another country.

As far as Canada deferring to the New York families? Well, the commission hasn't been in place in quite some time. If it were, then Montreal would probably have to defer to New York somewhat. But like you said, this ain't the '50s.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: pizzaboy] #623050
12/05/11 02:05 PM
12/05/11 02:05 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

This ain't the 50s

You're right, but being there in the first place was a mistake on their part. The New York families have enough problems in New York, let alone getting involved in another country.

As far as Canada deferring to the New York families? Well, the commission hasn't been in place in quite some time. If it were, then Montreal would probably have to defer to New York somewhat. But like you said, this ain't the '50s.

Don't think I'm assuming some patriotic Canadian mafioso opinion here, but the reality is that the LCN in America is heavily scrutinized by law enforcement and has become a risk to deal with, since RICO and some many rats infiltrated the organsation, which puts the Canadian mafia at risk by proxy.

Look at Vito Rizzuto, the guy had no criminal record per say and was put in prison by some LCN mafiosi rats. Let's just say Canadian mafiosi and Italian crime syndicates are well aware times have changed.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: eurodave] #623059
12/05/11 02:17 PM
12/05/11 02:17 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Don't think I'm assuming some patriotic Canadian mafioso opinion here

You mean they don't get up and sing "O Canada" at the Canadian mob initiation ceremony? tongue lol

I'm agreeing with you, by the way. I couldn't care less if these guys rat each other out into the next century. It's a whole new world today.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: pizzaboy] #623063
12/05/11 02:20 PM
12/05/11 02:20 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
Don't think I'm assuming some patriotic Canadian mafioso opinion here

You mean they don't get up and sing "O Canada" at the Canadian mob initiation ceremony? tongue lol

I'm agreeing with you, by the way. I couldn't care less if these guys rat each other out into the next century. It's a whole new world today.

With the legal system we have here, I'm pretty sure they're singing O Canada at every chance.

American mobsters wish they lived in Canada today.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: eurodave] #623064
12/05/11 02:21 PM
12/05/11 02:21 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Well sure, free health insurance lol.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: pizzaboy] #623067
12/05/11 02:23 PM
12/05/11 02:23 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada

That's just one of the perks!

Having the hottest chicks in North America is an added bonus and makes the long winters bearable.

Last edited by eurodave; 12/05/11 02:31 PM.
Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: eurodave] #623087
12/05/11 04:14 PM
12/05/11 04:14 PM
Frosty Offline
BANNED
Frosty  Offline
BANNED
Underboss

Having the hottest chicks in North America is an added bonus and makes the long winters bearable.
Speaking of long cold winters I sure could use some of that to make my cccooolllddd wwiiinnttteerrr bbbbeeaaarrrbbblle. smile

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Frosty] #623111
12/05/11 05:59 PM
12/05/11 05:59 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
Originally Posted By: Frosty

Speaking of long cold winters I sure could use some of that to make my cccooolllddd wwiiinnttteerrr bbbbeeaaarrrbbblle. smile

Montreal women are hot all year long.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: eurodave] #623117
12/05/11 06:20 PM
12/05/11 06:20 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss

Pics or it didn't happen. grin

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Sonny_Black] #623121
12/05/11 06:34 PM
12/05/11 06:34 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black

Pics or it didn't happen. grin

a Calabrian never brags about his conquests smile

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #646429
05/07/12 01:46 PM
05/07/12 01:46 PM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
Giuseppe Renda, someone unrelated to Paolo Renda and apparently close to Sal Montagna, has been possibly kidnapped. He is definitely missing.

http://www.24hmontreal.canoe.ca/24hmontreal/actualites/archives/2012/05/20120507-132745.html

Google translation

GIUSEPPE RENDA
A mafia associate disappears in Montreal

Daniel Renaud
Le Journal de Montréal
07/05/2012 1:27 p.m.

MONTREAL - A man of Italian origin close to the Mafia murdered Salvatore Montagna has been missing since Friday night in Montreal, told Le Journal de Montréal.

All indications are that Giuseppe Renda, 53, was kidnapped. But for now, the police, who opened an investigation, prefers to speak of a disappearance.

"Right now, we consider this case as a disappearance as long as we do not have elements that will allow us to believe a crime has been committed," said Lt. Ian Lafrenière of the Montreal police.

It is the wife of the disappeared, worried, who alerted the police on Friday dinner time. Investigators from the Southern Operational Centre Montreal police have launched immediately on some tracks and quickly returned to the car of Mr. Renda on St. Urbain Street in Little Italy.

It seems that Giuseppe Renda has left his home in Westmount mid-morning Friday to meet with someone.

The rendezvous took place as planned, but Mr. Renda is never returned home thereafter.

Nervous

Giuseppe Renda was not related to Lieutenant Clan of the Sicilians, Paolo Renda, 70, who has never been seen since he was abducted near his home in Spring 2010.

Giuseppe Renda was born in the United States, but dwell Montreal for several years.

It would be close to Salvatore Montagna, this candidate-sponsor murdered on the island-Vaudry, to Charlemagne, in November 2011. Recall that the former right of ousted godfather Vito Rizzuto, Raynald Desjardins, and half a dozen other men, charged with the murder.

It seems that Giuseppe Renda was very nervous since the murder of Montagna and the murder of Lorenzo Lopresti and attempted murder against Antonio Pietrantonio, aka "Tony Suzuki," last fall.

Want some information that these two individuals, once close to the Rizzuto clan will be joined at Montagna after falling Rizzuto in 2010.

About money or debt could be the cause of the disappearance of Giuseppe Renda.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #646449
05/07/12 03:53 PM
05/07/12 03:53 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
i read giuseppe renda is a nephew of gerlando sciascia so i thought he close to rizzuto's and not montagna

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: m2w] #646454
05/07/12 04:25 PM
05/07/12 04:25 PM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
Originally Posted By: m2w
i read giuseppe renda is a nephew of gerlando sciascia so i thought he close to rizzuto's and not montagna

This is a discussion on the RealDeal forum as well, where Gangster BB poster Sonny_Black pointed out there the possible connection between the missing Giuseppe Renda and Sciascia.

I pointed out that the journalist may have made a mistake when stating that the missing Giuseppe Renda is not related to Paolo Renda, as The Sixth Family states that Gerlando Sciascia had a nephew named Luciano Renda who is related to Paolo.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #646458
05/07/12 05:07 PM
05/07/12 05:07 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Gerlando Sciascia was killed by Patrick DeFilippo, who was the capo of the crew Salvatore Montagna was part off. Montagna later took over this crew before he was elected to acting boss. So it's interesting to say the least that Gerlando's nephew sided with Montagna. Giuseppe Renda is a made member in the Bonanno family and part of the Montreal crew.

If this was not sanctioned by the Bonannos themselves, then the guys who are behind this have huge balls.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #646460
05/07/12 05:13 PM
05/07/12 05:13 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline OP
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline OP
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
^^just a technicality, Montagna wasnt elected Acting Boss. He was appointed by Basciano.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #646462
05/07/12 05:31 PM
05/07/12 05:31 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
i doubt giuseppe renda sided with montagna, i think sided with the rizzuto's so this could be a murder of the montagna group i also think colapelle is

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #646463
05/07/12 05:32 PM
05/07/12 05:32 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
^^just a technicality, Montagna wasnt elected Acting Boss. He was appointed by Basciano.

Source?

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Sonny_Black] #646464
05/07/12 05:47 PM
05/07/12 05:47 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline OP
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline OP
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York

Source?

"Federal law enforcement authorities have recently claimed in a New York Daily News column that current Bonanno Family Boss Vincent Basciano has named Brooklyn business owner Salvatore "Sal the Ironworker" Montagna, age 35 of Elmont, Long Island as the new acting boss of the Bonanno Family. Sal Montagna was an unknown soldier in the Bronx crew of Capo Patrick "Patty from the Bronx" DeFilippo and became acting capo of the crew upon DeFilippo's 2003 arrest on murder and racketeering charges. Law enforcement sources have stated that Salvatore Montagna was tabbed as acting boss with Vincent Basciano's consent to maintain the Bonanno Family's base of power within the Bronx faction of the Family."

http://www.lacndb.com/php/Info.php?name=Family%20-%20Bonanno

"Sources said Montagna's promotion couldn't have happened without the blessing of Vincent (Vinny Gorgeous) Basciano, who once operated Hello Gorgeous, a hair salon in the Bronx, and became the official boss of the crime family after Massino turned rat."

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news...9#ixzz1uDshOIv1

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #646465
05/07/12 05:53 PM
05/07/12 05:53 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
That website does not provide a source either. And Basciano giving his blessing might not be the same as appointing. I'm probably a ball breaker right now and I'm not saying you're wrong, but being elected to acting boss is the usual practise. Wasn't Basciano an acting boss himself?

If we would go with Ivyleague's defintion of acting boss, it means that an acting boss loses his title when he goes to jail.

In this article Jerry Capeci states that when Basciano was in jail, the Bonanno family did not take orders from him.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jerry-capeci/mob-murder-in-montreal-co_b_417688.html

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #646467
05/07/12 05:59 PM
05/07/12 05:59 PM
Newcastle Upon Tyne
short841 Offline
Underboss
short841  Offline
Underboss
Newcastle Upon Tyne
i thought basciano was the unofficial boss or is that the same as acting?

"You shouldn’t be embarrassed by your wealth. This contempt for money is another trick by the rich to keep the poor without it" - Michael Corleone

"You don't have to count the dead to understand the business of the Camorra" Gomorrah, Roberto Saviano
Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Sonny_Black] #646468
05/07/12 06:01 PM
05/07/12 06:01 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline OP
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline OP
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
That website does not provide a source either. And Basciano giving his blessing might not be the same as appointing. I'm probably a ball breaker right now and I'm not saying you're wrong, but being elected to acting boss is the usual practise. Wasn't Basciano an acting boss himself?

If we would go with Ivyleague's defintion of acting boss, it means that an acting boss loses his title when he goes to jail.

In this article Jerry Capeci states that when Basciano was in jail, the Bonanno family did not take orders from him.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jerry-capeci/mob-murder-in-montreal-co_b_417688.html

That websites source is the article I provided below it on the NY Dailynews website.

An Acting Boss is appointed by the Boss (eg. Vic Orena via Carmine Persico). For all intents and purposes, after Massino turned Basciano was viewed as the unofficial boss of the family. He appointed (evidenced by wiretaps) Michael Mancuso who was picked up in 2006 and then appointed Montagna that same year. Montagna ran things until April of 2009 when he was deported. There was a ruling panel instituted after that which included Joseph Sammartino, and others until the election of Vinny TV in 2010. Vinny TV was named as the acting boss of the family in all the recent indictments, who might be the official boss you say? I personally think the family probably hasnt formally elected a new boss since Massino turned and Basciano went to the can (there is no proof they have).

That article you provided by Capeci was published in January of 2010, the year the feds say Vinny TV took over as acting boss. This makes sense that the family isnt taking orders anymore from Basciano at that point as evidenced by the quote by the "source" in the article.

I still carry Vinny as the unoffical boss of the family, until noted otherwise in an indictment, etc. The feds were saying as late as 2011 that Basciano was trying to smuggle/communicate with Bonanno members on the outside so it is not inconceivable he could have been giving some orders/blessings to some decisions. Check this out:

"He's under 23-hour lockdown, but former mob boss Vincent (Vinny Gorgeous) Basciano still managed to get his hands on porn in federal jail, officials revealed.The feds got a tip that the ex-Bonanno chief was trying to pass messages through another inmate in a legal-research room at the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn."In exchange, Basciano would provide the other inmate with contraband items, such as stamps and pornographic and other DVDs," prosecutor Taryn Merkly said in court papers. Investigators searched the room and found a DVD stashed there and "unauthorized magazines" in Basciano's cell, Merkl said."

"But prosecutors have suggested that Basciano might be secretly communicating with the outside world, claiming he seems to speak in code during visits with his son."

http://www.fivefamiliesnyc.com/2010/11/feds-vinny-gorgeous-smuggles-porn-in.html

"Law enforcement officials still believe Basciano is trying to pass messages from prison to Bonanno crime family members."

http://www.fivefamiliesnyc.com/2011/08/notorious-mobster-vinny-gorgeous-takes.html

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 05/07/12 08:48 PM.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: short841] #646474
05/07/12 06:50 PM
05/07/12 06:50 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: short841
i thought basciano was the unofficial boss or is that the same as acting?

I've never really heard the term "unofficial boss." What you have is either an "official boss" or an "acting/street boss." Basciano was in line to become official boss but he got life in prison.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #646475
05/07/12 07:31 PM
05/07/12 07:31 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Appointed or elected, it doesn't seem that there was much resistance to Montagna becoming acting boss. Vincent Basciano couldn't name him acting boss without the approval of other influential members in the organization.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Sonny_Black] #646487
05/07/12 08:49 PM
05/07/12 08:49 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline OP
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline OP
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Appointed or elected, it doesn't seem that there was much resistance to Montagna becoming acting boss. Vincent Basciano couldn't name him acting boss without the approval of other influential members in the organization.

Agreed, no resistance to Sal taking the reins.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #646490
05/07/12 09:28 PM
05/07/12 09:28 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Just like there wasn't resistance to Mancuso taking the acting boss position before that. Basciano would have been a shoe in to replace Massino but, because of his legal troubles, he wasn't exactly in a position to take over, despite what some on the internet claimed.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: IvyLeague] #646491
05/07/12 09:35 PM
05/07/12 09:35 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline OP
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline OP
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Just like there wasn't resistance to Mancuso taking the acting boss position before that. Basciano would have been a shoe in to replace Massino but, because of his legal troubles, he wasn't exactly in a position to take over, despite what some on the internet claimed.

For all we know the family voted Basciano in as official boss out of respect regardless if hes in the can for life (wouldnt be the first official boss in jail for life/extended period of time). No proof otherwise.

Read my signature, its about Mancuso and co.

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 05/07/12 09:38 PM.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: Dapper_Don] #646494
05/07/12 10:12 PM
05/07/12 10:12 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

For all we know the family voted Basciano in as official boss out of respect regardless if hes in the can for life (wouldnt be the first official boss in jail for life/extended period of time). No proof otherwise.

For all we know? That's just it, we don't know. People are too quick to crown somebody the new king. It's like people on these forums hate a power vacuum. I'll believe Basciano is the official boss if and when the feds say so. Not because of some short exchange between him and Massino before Basciano got life in prison.

Re: Sal Montagna shot and killed! [Re: IvyLeague] #646499
05/07/12 10:39 PM
05/07/12 10:39 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline OP
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline OP
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

For all we know? That's just it, we don't know. People are too quick to crown somebody the new king. It's like people on these forums hate a power vacuum. I'll believe Basciano is the official boss if and when the feds say so. Not because of some short exchange between him and Massino before Basciano got life in prison.

Your right we dont know, but it could be true. Remember last week I floated the idea that Merlino might be the official boss as the reason the feds had Ligambi as Acting Boss in the superseeding indictment. You shot that possibility down as unlikely because of lack of evidence, later in the week it comes out that Merlino is the boss.

Just saying that things can happen.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull