Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

I don't know if I'd go that far. The NY families, maybe. But the rest? I'm only 34. Assuming I live to an average old age (whatever that happens to be these days) I don't expect the smaller families outside New York will still be around.

I think when you and I are old (I'm 32 - I wonder if you and I will still be dicking around on these boards in 2050? I know I ain't going nowhere lol) Philly might still be around given the seemingly inexhaustible supply of young Italian-American hoods there. But that's a big maybe. Personally I think it seems pretty unlikely. Chicago, New England, and the rest will almost definitely be gone.

The New York families will probably still be around, but they will be a lot different.

All I know for sure is that it's going to be a lot of fun watching this all play out.

Originally Posted By: icegoodbarbPresident
Now you can take this with your own beliefs but my theory is the 9 viable families left New York, New England, Chicago,Decavalcante and Philly will be around for the foreseeable future because they've been through it all rats,wars,rico, everything so a case like what philly is going through won't make it collapse.

Italian-American assimilation along with the legitimization of successful gangsters (resulting in their children not becoming gangsters at all) is what's going to kill the families outside of New York, not rats, wars, RICO; those things just speed up the assimilation by providing incentives to get the hell out of the life.

Last edited by Ivan; 05/03/12 05:07 AM.