Originally Posted By: short841
ivy in ypur opinion how many made guys roughly are in detroit? because if there are above ten there has to be some viability. viable to me sounds like that there is a lcn hierarchy still present then the amount of indictments right?

The last official estimate I'm aware of is from the big 1996 bust when there was said to be 29 made members left. People can bring up mcscott's charts and sources but the fact is his charts have changed many times over the years. He's admitted before that he's not always sure who's made and he's often included associates.

Even if one were to assume that they missed identifying some guys back in the 1990's, and others have been made since then, I don't think it's very likely that the total membership in Detroit today could exceed 30 at most, considering others have died over the past 16 years. There's just not enough activity to warrant the belief that there are still 50+ made guys there.

And again, I don't necessarily argue there isn't still a viable family in Detroit. They apparently do have some semblance of a hierarchy and there is some activity. What I disagree with is the assertion that they're as big or as strong as some believe them to be. In my opinion, on the list of remaining "viable" families, Detroit would be at the bottom.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.