Originally Posted By: Scorsese
Mussolini
The mafia once controlled the entire heroin supply in the northeast up until the late 70s. My point was if they were as capable and powerful as some people still seem to think they are surely that would still be the case. Also i dont think its that ridiculous to compare street gangs to the mafia, they are both crime groups with rules,rank and intitation, they are just different ethnicities and ages. The construction thing ive read in a few articles i posted up before. Ive posted up alot of stuff on street gangs on this forum so i dont really want to keep putting up the same links everytime street gangs are brought up on a new thread, but heres one of the articles where its mentioned. http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/January-2012/Gangs-and-Politicians-An-Unholy-Alliance/

NOthing wrong with comparing them as criminal groups but to assume street gangs are as diversified as the mafia when it comes to things like construction and extortion is ridiculous and one article or even a handful vs documented records of decades of controlling labor unions,cement, windows ect is like comparing a local drug dealer with a grow op to the Mexican Cartels.