I found an interesting article published in the Brooklyn Daily Eagle June 16, 1953. It´s about a man (Anthony Mirra of 415 Madison Street) apparently being stabbed during a restaurant/bar fight. I´m pretty convinced the Anthony Mirra in the article is "our" Anthony Mirra who had a home address at 115 Madison Street, New York, NY at this time.

"Switchblade Addict Stabs Man For Fancied Annoyance of Girl"

"A Manhattan man told police that he was the victim of an unprovoked attack with a switchblade knife at 5 a.m. today in a Brooklyn Heights restaurant.
The victim, Anthony Mirra, 24, of 415 Madison St., Manhattan, was taken to Holy Family Hospital with a stab wound in the left shoulder. His assailant, he said, was a man about 35 who was accompanied by a pretty young girl.
The assailant, Mirra told police of the Poplar St. Precinct, evidently thought he was trying to annoy the girl.
Mirra entered the Plymouth Restaurant, 101 Henry St., he said, and selected a table. The man and the girl were at an adjoining table.
When he asked the man for permission to borrow a chair, he told police, the man whipped out a knife and stabbed him.
The couple fled, leaving the knife behind. Police sent out an alarm for them."

/// I´m sure there was more to this story than what Mirra told the police.

Last edited by HairyKnuckles; 04/29/12 04:27 PM.

[Linked Image]