Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Originally Posted By: danielperrygin
hey hairy do you have anymore info on Salvatore "Turi" Saracino? I read on rd that the name was an alias of Giuseppe Palermo, who was from the province of Palermo and associated with the Morellos in their 1909 counterfeiting scheme. But if Bonnano takes about him being with him and the rest of the bunch im sure its a different guy.

In the Bonanno book, there is a picture of Bonanno´s father standing and shaking hands with Turi Saracino. Below the picture the text says "New York City, 1910. My father and Turi Saracino, two of Castellammare´s most important men of Tradition in New York."
If this picture was taken in 1910 (I have no reason to doubt it) the man shaking Bonanno´s father´s hand most probably is not Giuseppe Palermo. Palermo had been picked up in early January of that year and in February sentenced to a 18 year prisonterm. So when did Palermo find the time having a picture taken with Bonanno´s father?

Palermo seems to have had used an alias of Saracina though. According to David Critchley and I think that this is in his book "The Origin of Organized Crime in America" Palermo´s alias may have originated from the Castellammare born Giaccoma Saracina who briefly in 1906 had stayed with Palermo in Manhattan. Palermo used the alias throughout his life and it was the name he was buried under.

Thanks for the info buddy, i need to get Bonanno Sr.'s books, all i have are his sons, i always figured the son had less reasons to lie lol. Which one of Jr.'s book is this picture in? If anything the books are worth it for the pictures, like as in this case. Whic