Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Originally Posted By: TonyG

I am just curious, but has anyone ever filed a FoI (Freedom of Information) to get LCN info that is not in the public domain? I have given it some thought, but have never taken the time. I would love to read (and hear tape recordings) information that law enforcement has collected.

Yes, I have done that several times.
The "service" has improved a lot the last years but still the work process can take a pretty long time after you have made a request til you recieve the files.
As you surely know, no request can be made on living people. Generally, the files are better on guys who have been dead for a long time.
They cost 10 cents a page, but if the files are large enough, you´ll get 100 pages for free.

And keep in mind also, there are FBI files on some of the "boys" in the "Vault". When making a FOIA request, check out if your subject isn´t already there, already available.
When I made a request for Lilo Galante´s files, I was offered the same version that is already on there. So the files will not go through another working process if they are already available in the "Vault".
Seems unnecessary to pay for something you can get for free.

[Linked Image]