Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
I sent a resume in last week from a job I saw on Career Builder. Within ten minutes, I got a call from the company's HR dept. and went through a phone interview. She said that she wanted to get my resume in front of the search committee immediately and would call me to arrange an in-person interview. Never heard from her again.

Did they get someone better? Did they just forget me? Did they hire from within? I've often found that's the case. Many companies have to advertise an opening even when they have someone in-house in mind, but they have to prove they looked elsewhere.

Those are all plausible scenarios, and also maybe it just takes time (you know the reputation of HR).

I applied for my job back in the Fall by the deadline (think mid September/or Nov) and interviewed over the phone in December, in person interview in Feb, then "assessment day" aka four hour interview in early March and they just extended an offer to me last Thurs and I accepted today.

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 04/11/12 11:17 PM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.