Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
In 1990, Megale pleaded guilty but withdrew his guilty plea almost immediately, after Gotti had ordered him to do so.

Hairy,

While it's true that Megale's plea pissed off Gotti no end, I don't think he withdrew it because he most definitely did NOT go to trial over the 1989 charges. He went to prison in 1990, did about five years, then came out around '95 or '96.

He was briefly jailed again for "consorting" with known felons in the late '90s, then hit the street again until he was finally indicted in 2004 for shaking down a local strip club owner (among other things).

Megale's 1989-1990 plea is briefly touched upon here:

http://ny.findacase.com/research/wfrmDocViewer.aspx/xq/fac.19930415_0000073.eny.htm/qx

I see.
I think though that Gravano testified, correct me if I´m wrong, in the Tommy Gambino (or was it in the Gotti trial?) that Gotti had made Megale withdraw his guilty plea to stop him from admitting his membership in the Gambino Crime Family.
However, I may have drawn hasty conclusions and wrongly connected Gravano´s testimony with the charges brought against Megale in 1989.

[Linked Image]