Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
What/when was the last mob related case out of Buffalo?

This is what I have for Buffalo from 2000 forward. One thing, I'm not 100% sure of the mob connection in the first case listed (the shoplifting one). There were a lot of Italians involved, it is Buffalo, and I've seen some of those names in the case also listed in Buffalo family charts.

In February 2000, 25 people, including Buffalo LCN members, Pasquale "Paddy" Brindisi, Phillip "Phil" Corelli, James "Jimmy" Feliciano, and Frank Ferraro were indicted in Utica, NY on charges of enterprise corruption, conspiracy, grand larceny, and possession of stolen property involving a $35 million shoplifting ring that included items such as videos, razor blades, batteries, radios, CD players, calculators, medications, video games, cameras, etc. from localo stores such as Wal-Mart, K-Mart, CVS, Sears, JC Penney, Staples, Office Max, etc.

In June 2000, Rochester LCN-faction member Thomas Marotta was indicted in the Western District of New York on charges of conspiracy, cocaine trafficking in Rochester and New York City, laundering $200,000 to $350,000 in gambling and drug profits,transporting 6 stolen vehicles from Rochester to Cleveland, and trafficking in $120,000 to $200,000 in stolen food stamps.

In September 2001, Buffalo LCN member Frank "Butchie BiFocals" BiFulco was indicted in Buffalo on charges of fraud, conspiracy and arson for having an associate's car torched in an insurance scam.

In September 2002, Buffalo LCN member Sonny Nicoletti Jr. and an associate were indicted in Niagara Falls, NY on charges of racketeering, running a sports betting peration that used a wireroom in the Dominican Republic , conspiracy to commit robbery, weapons possession, and extortion.

In June 2005, Rochester LCN-faction members Dominic "Sonny" Celestino and Frank Frassetto were indicted in the Western District of New York on charges of conspiracy to steal $90 million from a financial institution in New York and wire the money to a bank in Miami.

In January 2006, LIUNA Local 210 in Buffalo, which had past ties to the Buffalo LCN, was declared free of control of organized crime after it had been put under federal trusteeship in 1996.

In June 2006, 11 people, including Buffalo LCN associate Leonard Mordino, were indicted in Buffalo on charges cocaine trafficking.

thanks

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.